From: David Faux <>
Subject: [DNA] Suggestion re "Newbies"
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 12:10:48 -0800 (PST)

After my most recent post including terminology like UEP etc., it occurred to me that someone new to the List might, although finding the post interesting, be "blown away" with the vast amount of unfamiliar (to some) terminology.

It occurs that Charles, Nancy and others have assembled information for those without a background in genetics or a related field, and new to all this DNA stuff, so that they can interpret the content of some of the postings. Would it be possible Ann, that when a person subscribes, they be given a "canned" listing of sites like these (also Blair, Duernick, etc.) that will give them a running chance of getting a handle on things - and not give up in frustration? This would also tend to deflect the push for a "Newbie List" that surfaces from time to time.

David F.

www.davidkfaux.org

This thread: