From: <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] Matching a Person of a Different Surname 24/25
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 22:06:15 -0500

I'm also curious if the person whom you match of the other surname group
matches others within his surname. In other words, if he matches
several people, or near misses, but is clearly within his surname group
- and suddenly you match him (ala depending on how the matching and
missing is done - match them too) - then perhaps that is different from
he's an only one and so are you and you happen to match. Maybe he
matches your group closer than his own, or maybe the two groups are only
a match or two away as a whole. I'd look a little closer I think at
these things and how the "counting" has been done.

Roberta