From: "LJCrain" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] Matching a Person of a Different Surname 24/25
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 22:17:17 -0600

I'm also curious if the person whom you match of the other surname group
matches others within his surname. In other words, if he matches
several people, or near misses, but is clearly within his surname group
- and suddenly you match him (ala depending on how the matching and
missing is done - match them too) - then perhaps that is different from
he's an only one and so are you and you happen to match. Maybe he
matches your group closer than his own, or maybe the two groups are only
a match or two away as a whole. I'd look a little closer I think at
these things and how the "counting" has been done.

Roberta

---

A very good point! My husband matched a 5th cousin CRAIN that we discovered through our genealogy research and a CRAIN in TN, previously unknown to us. So I feel we have established a CRAIN signature for our line of CRAIN's. The haplogroup is R1b. The markers are pretty rare. Only 8 persons (at 12 markers) so far in FTDNA's database and only 3 of them are CRAIN's.

Janet

This thread: