Subject: Re: [DNA] Getting participants to join and then follow through
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 00:40:22 EST

I've been following these comments with great interest. I have asked one of
my first cousins to participate in a DNA test, and somewhat to my surprise, he
agreed. I am paying for the test, and it will only show my name as the point
of contact. I've been fortunate that most of my family has been quite
interested in the results of my family's test. I can share people's concerns that they
somehow think that there's some government "DNA site" that rounds up all the
DNA tests, but I am a member of the military, and the only reason my DNA is on
file is to identify me in case of an accident. I'm pretty happy with FTDNA,
and I've been able to reassure my relatives on that issue, even though some are
very anti-medicine, due to religious beliefs.
Tia

This thread: