From: Ó Flannagáin <>
Subject: Re: Re: [DNA] Getting participants to join and then follow through
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 6:51:33 -0500

I suppose that I've been fortunate so far, with the biggest complaint being the cost [of course we only have 6 members thus far but always looking]. A cousin through a related line is trying to get her first cousin to participate [I've agreed to pay for his test] but he simply hasn't responded. As for the gov, I share the distrust but I figure they know anything about me that they want anyways, whether I like it or not and tell folks that. Are they going to be so paranoid as to take a coffee cup home from a fast food restaurant and burn it? If they want my DNA they can likely get it many ways... :) I'm would not going to let them stop me from trying to identify the various Flanagan lines through paper and biological evidnce.... :)

Gary F.