From: Shane <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] FTDNA Haplogroup Database
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 08:40:01 -0600

On 11/15/03 2:08 PM, "David Faux" <> wrote:

> In a couple of my postings I have made it known that in my opinion the most
> useful database for exploring ancestry beyond say 1200 AD is the FTDNA
> Haplogroup Database. It has been the single most important resource tool in
> my Shetland Islands Y-DNA Project.
>
> I, and I expect many others, would like to hear of the experiences of members
> of this List other than myself who have used this unique database to better
> understand the meaning of their haplotype.
>
> Thanks,
>
> David.
>

> Dr. David K. Faux, P.O. Box 192, Seal Beach, CA, 90740, USA
>

> www.davidkfaux.org
>

> ==============================
> To join Ancestry.com and access our 1.2 billion online genealogy records, go
> to:

David,

I just went back and took another look at my Haplogroup results.

Under exact matches, I only have one match to Northern Ireland.

Under the one-step group my biggest number of matches are for:

Iceland-2
Shetland­3

Not really sure if anything can be made of this. At first glance one would
have to consider the Norwegian Vikings then the Island Celts.

Shane

This thread: