From: Mike Humphrey <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] RE Haplogroup I
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 08:39:15 -0800 (PST)

Nicholas ...

Thanks for making this point. The origins of "I" that you describe below
are consistent also with Oppenheim's book, "The Real Eve". It's clarifying
to consider the wider context of deeper origins.

Many of the disagreements, or apparent disagreements, in our disussions
occur because some statements need to be qualifed by "where" & "when".
A lot of migration can occur in 16000 - 22000 years.

I'm looking forward to the day when there's enough data to subdivide "I"
and other large haplogroups.

Mike ...