From: "Steven C. Perkins" <>
Subject: [DNA] A Y HG I example and question
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 11:52:37 -0500

In one of my studies I have three HG I results:

A 13 22 15 10 13 14 11 14 11 12 11 28
B 13 22 14 10 13 14 11 14 11 12 11 28
C 13 22 14 10 14 14 11 14 11 12 11 28

A is supposed to be descended from the brother of the ancestor of B and
C. This is according to family lore and heraldic evidence. Both families
have preserved heraldic devices that are the same and marked by what is
called a heraldic difference.

A is two steps from C and 1 step from B. B is one step from A and one
step from C. C is two steps from A and one step from B.

Am I correct to think B's haplotype represents the modal haplotype for
the family? Should I wait until I have the rest of the markers before I
try to make that decision?

Are these Viking HG I or Balkan HG I?

Thanks,

Steven C. Perkins