From: Whitney Keen <>
Subject: [DNA] Haplotype J
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 12:44:10 -0500

I have received mtDNA results that indicate I am haplotype J. I have no
good descriptive material about the Haplotype. I need more than "Jasmine".

Mutations HRV1: 16069T, 16126C, 16519C

A lot more mutations in the HRV2: 73G, 185A, 188G, 228A, 263G, 295T,
309.1C, 315.1C, 462T, 489C

As far as I know, maternal ancestral line is from England. I can trace
it to Boston, Mass in the 1700s. It might be Irish . Farthest back name
is Mary Willson (sic). Does any one know anything about hap. J? I have
3 matches in the FTDNA database whom I will contact. I don't know any
of them and I have extensive genealogical research, based however on the
male lines.

This thread: