From: "Rex Johnson" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] Italian surname project
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 20:30:33 +0100

Go to
Scroll down the page to the link to where it offers a search of Ybase.
Your search can be made by surname or by haplotype, and anyone can make
a search.
As a newcomer I have found the site's Tutorial and Master Class superb
in giving me an idea as to what I am getting into. I should say I have
enjoyed the FTDNA pages also, and as for directing "newbies" to
information, I haven't the Url handy, but Rootsweb has a page where the
Urls sent in to this Genealogy-DNA List are recorded for posterity.
I have made good use of that, and been taken to pages ideal for someone
setting out in this area.
Best of wishes, Rex

This thread: