From: David Faux <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] FTDNA Haplogroup Database
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 13:53:01 -0800 (PST)

Shane et al.: Until we are given the opportunity to have our R1b haplogroup divided into subgroups by SNP / UEP testing available at a reasonable cost; then have at our disposal databases for different European countries providing percentage from each sub - haplogroup, then we are "stuck" with doing the sort of analysis I have proposed.

It sounds like your profile is somewhat similar to my own (except without exact France matches), so unless a few Danish and Friesland area matches are prominent - yes I would be looking at Norway via Normandy as the possible / probable ancient homeland.

David F.

Shane <> wrote:
David,

You might be on to something here. When I go back and look at the 2 and 3
step mutations, I get higher numbers for places like Iceland, Ireland,
France, Shetland and Norway. Taken as a whole, they could be indicative of
Norse ancestry. Hmm....

www.davidkfaux.org

This thread: