From: "Debby Peare" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Haplotype J
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 17:03:14 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

It is a bit surprising to me that you have matches to your full J haplotype.
I have none and a "simpler" set of mutations.

John W.

*****************
Sometimes it's the simpler ones that take the longest to match!
I figure it's because in some cases the simpler (or fewer) your mutations
are, the closest you are to the "original" or "standard" sample of the
haplogroup. And with all of the migrations and invasions of one culture over
another the more there's interaction between the groups which would
definitely change the DNA makeup of both cultures involved. Adding less
possibilities to match the standard sample. The "simpler" sample, ironicly
then becomes the "rarer" sample.

This is IMHO (in my humble opinion).

Warm Regards from Maine,
Debby Peare
(Paternal name Reagan - from Ireland)
(Maternal name Wallace - from the British Isles)

This thread: