From: "Mark MacDonald" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] Re: DNA Haplogroup I--Viking or Anglo-Saxon?
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 14:14:06 -0600

If your paternal line is not Jewish , comes from Ireland , western
Scotland or the Hebrides , and didn't do an Ellis Island name change,
think Viking (Norway or Denmark) and ignore the eastern Europe parallels
for your principal search. The recent article on the Ashkenazi Levites
explains that group. R1a started in Hungary, Poland,Ukraine and went
north to Sweden, west to Norway and southwest to Iceland,
Shetland,Ireland Scotland and England If the foregoing conditions
apply,your gaelicized family name was probably close to Mac Shenoig,
son of the harper.I would be interested in comparing your markers to our
Clan Donald chiefs.
Mark Mac Donald