From: "Lowe DNA" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] Marker DYS390 in World database
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 22:48:13 -0600

Orin

"I have some branches of families in my study that have remained steady for
a provable 400 to 500
years, but other branches have changed several times in a much shorter
period."

Have you determined if geographic location, or any other natural phenomenon,
is causing the variation in the mutation rates on the same NRY DYS390 loci
in the different branches of the Wells family.....??? For example, if I am
a Wells and move from an area where the mutation rate is lower to an area
when the Well branches have higher mutation rates.....will my offspring have
great mutation rates of DYS390....???

Or is there some other totally unforeseen reason why these mutation rates
are higher...???

This thread: