From: "Donna Y. Logan" <>
Subject: [DNA] Quetion? Maternal Match and mtDNAPlus testing
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 12:06:51 -0500

I am very (very very) new to all of this. I have a pretty good handle
on the Y-Chromosome test. But the mtDNA is beyond my grasp of
comprehensive understanding right now.

I would VERY MUCH appreciate it if the group could explain to me in
non-scientific terminology (layman's terms):

1) The difference between FTDNA's Maternal Match and mtDNAPlus tests

2) What the results will tell you about yourself - for either of the tests

3) Which of these would be best to recommend to someone in our group

I have had several people in our groups ask about this and I just
can't seem to send them an 'intelligent' answer.

Thanks for your input!

This thread: