From: "Louis" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Y DNA haplogroup I1b2, etc. - Sardinia info now available
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 20:03:25 -0800

Hi Bonnie,

Very fascinating!!!! Great job!! I find it interesting that both J2 and
R1b, the 2 highest frequencies in Calabria, were not found yet in my
ancestors. Ok, need to get more men to participate! Also interesting, my
Papallo cousin from Calabria tested R1a and the chart says 0% for Calabria
(and I expect the same from my Papallo ancestor, results due any day now
from FtDNA!)

Also interesting, since my part of Calabria has more Greek Derived Surnames
than any other part of Italy (from The History and Geography of Human Genes
by Cavalli-Sforza), and Gioiosa Ionica was a known Greek Colony, it will be
interesting to see if the % will mimic that of Greece.

Thanks again for this post:)
Louis