From: "maurice sherman" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] mtDNA testing
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 09:43:27 -0800

It is my understanding that the extra money spent on the mtdna test will
narrow the time of any matches you may to a less distant time frame. As to
having your fathers mtDNA checked, it will show a completely different
maternal line, i.e. your test will show your mother's, mother's, mother's,
mother, etc. Your fathers test will show his mother's, mother's etc line.
If you or he are interested in both lines, have both tests done. A call to
FTDNA @ (713)+868+1438 might answer any more questions.

Happy Huntin'

Maurice