From: David Faux <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Iceland paper? + Two Journal Sites to Bookmark
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 11:04:13 -0800 (PST)

Shane:

Do you mean, "Estimating Scandanavian and Gaelic Ancestry in the Male Settlers of Iceland" by Helgason et al.? It is found in the American Journal of Human Genetics, Vol. 67, pages 697-717, 2000. Its best to bookmark the homepage for AJHG at www.journals.uchicago.edu/AJHG/home.html. Here you can click on "Electronic Edition" and search the archives by, in this case, entering 67 under volume and 697 under first page (this is one way you search these archives).

My recommendation to all is to bookmark the AJHG electronic edition webpage then search by year (another way to access material on this site). There are so many articles of interest available in pdf format (that gives you the colors and the full sized tables) or html if you prefer (try each to see the differences) that your printer will be smoking within the hour.

Similarly, Oxford University Press has bought the rights to many journals that are now available for downloading - for example the journal Molecular Biology and Evolution where Michael Hammer publishes frequently. The URL is http://mbe.oupjournals.org. Same recommendation, bookmark the search feature to this site and return to it from time to time to see what is available. Last night I just typed in "Y + chromosome" under title search and came up with all sorts of goodies.

You can access other articles / journals in the reference section of each article of interest by clicking on the html rather than the pdf format. Frequently it will say [full article], sometimes just [Medline]. If it says the former, the article is available for download either in html or pdf or both.

Hope this helps,

David F.

Shane <> wrote:
Wasn't there a paper on a study of Iceland? I thought it was available on
the FTDNA site, but I don't see it there now. Can someone give me a link?

Thanks, Shane

www.davidkfaux.org

This thread: