From: "Kay Martin" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Marker DYS390 in World database+radiation
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 16:20:28 -0600

In a case such as this, would the brother's DNA be most effected or would his son's (conceived after the radiation treatment) possibly show mutations in their DNA because of their father's radiation? Would it ever be possible to set a time for a DNA changing event based on descents of sons born before and sons born after the "event"?

Thanks!

Kay

Dolores wrote:

> My brother took the y chromosome test but had had radiation 5 years
> ago on his head. Is it possible that that could affect his results?

Probably not. The radiation could indeed damage the DNA in some cells,
but most cells would come through intact.

John Chandler

This thread: