From: David Faux <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] "Newbie" Resources
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 15:25:37 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Kay: My imagined resource list will be entitled something like "Introduction to the World of DNA - Genealogy" (ok, not that exact title). The resource list will definitely include all labs that do the testing, with a small precis on what to expect from the site. Not everyone is aware of the range of labs, and the range of testing available, and how useful each site is in terms of providing specific information. For example, FTDNA's Library is very handy since it includes articles that can be directly downloaded.

David F.

Kay Martin <> wrote:
David, great idea to have a list of aids for the newbies just entering this world of DNA...

And Dewaine, thanks for letting us know about the very helpful site at http://www.dnaheritage.com/default.asp! That's excellent! I also like FTDNA's Inheritance Chart at http://www.familytreedna.com/tc.html. Having the visual helps me "see" what cousins we need to find to study different lines of Y or mt DNA. (A standard pedigree chart helps with this too.)

www.davidkfaux.org

This thread: