From: "Bonnie Thomas Chaffin" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Quetion? Maternal Match and mtDNAPlus testing
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 19:25:35 -0500

Ann,
Thank you for that answer. That helped me as well. One more question on
the topic... I know back 9 generations to the female in my direct female
line who came to this country (USA) from Alsace/Lorraine (this is how the
record is labeled although I know understand it should be one or the other).
If I found another direct female from her, would our mtDNA match? Would the
variations be similar to those discussed for Y-DNA?

Bonnie