From: "Malcolm Dodd" <>
Subject: [DNA] Marker mutation rates by radiation?
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 09:00:57 -0000

The nuclear industry informs the public that their radiation leaks have no
affect on the local population. They say that the background radiation in
certain areas, such as Dartmoor in Cornwall, is higher than their emmissions
because of the geology. It seems as though granite emits nuclear energy.
I wonder if mutation rates are higher in geographical areas where this
radiation is highest. Should we analyse fast-moving and slow moving DNA
mutations to see if geagraphy is a factor?
Malcolm

This thread: