From: "J H Seeley" <>
Subject: [DNA] Haplogroup X
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 07:05:09 -0800

As I have posted previously, I had OA do my mtDNA and received the following results: 16183C, 16189C, 16223T, and 16278T which places me in Haplogroup X. Unfortunately, at the time, I didn't realize OA's testing was not as extensive as other labs, so I am not sure what other mutations I might have.

Since my original post, I have managed to connect with a few other people who have the same mutations as I do and have directed them to this list. As such, if anyone has any information on Haplogroup X and/or the mutations listed above, I know the X haplogroup newbies (as well as me!) would appreciate any additional information listmembers might have!

I know, thanks to people on this list, that mostly likely the above results do not indicate any NA in my maternal line. Is there anything else that can be gleaned from these results?

Thank you!

JH Seeley

This thread: