From: Charles <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] "Newbie" Resources, Links - A Proposal
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 14:39:36 -0500

David,

Sounds like a good plan. Once you have a URL established for the master
"Resource" page, Ann can include a link to that URL in the "Welcome
to the List" email that everyone gets when they subscribe to the list.
Ann can give it some special words of introduction such that "newbies"
to the list would be steered to it and encouraged to visit the
"resource" page for newbies. Subscribers are told in that original email
to save it. So having the Newbie resource page in that saved initial
email will allow newbies to go back to it later if they need to.

Looking forward to seeing your resource page. I would hope that one
section of it would include links to other "help and resource" pages
such as mine and others already up there in various surname projects,
such as Mr. Duerinck's, etc. Here is the URL for my info and resource
page: http://www.kerchner.com/dna-info.htm

Thanks for volunteering.

Charles