From: David Faux <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] Marker mutation rates by radiation?
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 12:00:30 -0800 (PST)

Well Malcolm, here we have to disagree. To the best of my knowledge any link between cell phones and cancers of any description is anecdotal not scientific. Secondly, there is no way that the amount of "radiation" from cell phones is going to affect the cheek cells (where DNA samples are collected), and of course not the gonads where if radiation induced mutations did occur they potentially could be passed to the next generation. None of this can even remotely be connected to what happened in the Ukraine and Japan - in terms of radiation levels.

A Y chromosome study of those affected by the Chernoble (sp?) and Nagasaki events versus their close relatives in the male line who were not directly affected would answer a lot of questions.

David F.

Malcolm Dodd <> wrote:
Hi David and others
The government here has stopped mobile telephone masts from being erected
next to primary schools.
It is scientific fact that mobile telephones cause eye cancers and probably
brain tumours in users. (I have never used one myself.)
I suspect that when young people whose parents have irresponsibly allowed
juveniles to use these mobile telephones reach adulthood their DNA will have
been affected.
Malcolm

www.davidkfaux.org

This thread: