From: David Faux <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] "Newbie" Resources, Links - Suitable Site Already Exists
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 13:12:23 -0800 (PST)

Listers:

Just before I began my project to compile information useful to both newcomers to the List, as well as helpful sites for those of use more versed in the subject matter, I clicked on the site created by Charles Kerchner and found at www.kerchner.com/dna-info.htm. Glad I did. Clearly since I last checked it has expanded to the point where it includes virtually all the topics and sites that I had in mind. If any of you have not looked into this comprehensive yet very user friendly portal, I suggest you do so and verify my present perception that it is more than sufficient to serve as our List resource kit that would be noted (with suitable emphasis on its importance) in the e-mail new subscribers receive. Why reinvent the wheel. I was all set to devote my weekend to a project that has already been completed!

I vote that we designate the website of Charles Kerchner as our "official" List site. Ann, you will have to make the final decision.

By the way, congratulations on a fine job Charles. I very much appreciate your contribution to this List.

David F.

Charles <> wrote:
David,

Sounds like a good plan. Once you have a URL established for the master
"Resource" page, Ann can include a link to that URL in the "Welcome
to the List" email that everyone gets when they subscribe to the list.
Ann can give it some special words of introduction such that "newbies"
to the list would be steered to it and encouraged to visit the
"resource" page for newbies. Subscribers are told in that original email
to save it. So having the Newbie resource page in that saved initial
email will allow newbies to go back to it later if they need to.

Looking forward to seeing your resource page. I would hope that one
section of it would include links to other "help and resource" pages
such as mine and others already up there in various surname projects,
such as Mr. Duerinck's, etc. Here is the URL for my info and resource
page: http://www.kerchner.com/dna-info.htm

Thanks for volunteering.

Charles

www.davidkfaux.org