From: Charles <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] "Newbie" Resources, Links - Suitable Site Already Exists
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:36:31 -0500

Thank you for the kind words. I had the various links scattered in my
other Kerchner and Laudenslager surname projects pages and I've been
consolidating them to this resource page in my own site. I would be
happy and honored to have my resource page be the resource page, or one
of them, for the list. Ann could if she wants to, include a couple
others too. 2 or 3 actively maintained resource lists mentioned in the
"Welcome to the List" email wouldn't hurt.

Resource Page link:
My Kerchner surname project link:
My Laudenslager surname project link:

David Faux wrote:

> Listers:
> Just before I began my project to compile information useful to both newcomers to the List, as well as helpful sites for those of use more versed in the subject matter, I clicked on the site created by Charles Kerchner and found at Glad I did. Clearly since I last checked it has expanded to the point where it includes virtually all the topics and sites that I had in mind. If any of you have not looked into this comprehensive yet very user friendly portal, I suggest you do so and verify my present perception that it is more than sufficient to serve as our List resource kit that would be noted (with suitable emphasis on its importance) in the e-mail new subscribers receive. Why reinvent the wheel. I was all set to devote my weekend to a project that has already been completed!
> I vote that we designate the website of Charles Kerchner as our "official" List site. Ann, you will have to make the final decision.
> By the way, congratulations on a fine job Charles. I very much appreciate your contribution to this List.
> David F.

This thread: