Subject: [DNA] Public domain graphics for Family DNA project webpage?
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 19:31:45 -0500

I'm in the process of putting together a webpage on a shoestring for
what will be a new family DNA project, and would like to be able to
use a few explanatory graphics for it that are already in the public
domain. For example, one showing a helix, or a representation of the
loci along a chromosome for various STR markers such as the 25 that
FTDNA uses. Does anyone know where I can find graphics such as these
online?

In fact, I wonder why FTDNA doesn't make available such graphics for
those such as myself who have already ordered a Y-chromosome test
from them and now would like to create a webpage that's both
informative and visually appealing, one that aids us in persuading
others of the same surname to participate in a project? I'm thinking
particularly of those who know little to nothing about genetics
(e.g., me), and who may find graphics-empty presentation far more
off-putting than I do.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Dale Bricker

This thread: