From: "Peter J. Roberts" <>
Subject: [DNA] Commercial Venture?
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 07:02:59 -0800 (PST)

I'm in the process of starting a surname project for
another male line of my family.

I asked a Web master who has a major site for that
surname if they would be willing to help support this
project by linking to it on their Web site,
encouraging males with that surname to join, and
posting project updates on their site.

Their response was "I'm not allowed to promote any
commercial ventures on the pages at the [XYZ] site.
Sorry. Maybe your intentions are good, but this
would still be considered a commercial venture, so I
can't provide any links to it."

:-O

Should I just move on, or can you think of a way I
might convince them that this is not a commerical
venture.

Most sincerely, Peter