Subject: Re: [DNA] Genetic Distance calculation -- which method is best
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 13:09:37 EST

In a message dated 11/22/2003 8:58:51 AM Pacific Standard Time,
writes:

In a message dated 11/22/2003 10:30:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

> If you have six mutations, with some being more than one step it doesn't
> matter how you count them as the relationship isn't close enough to bother
> with.
>
> Julia

Julia:

I have to disagree with this last sentence.
<

Because some of the markers had 2 step mutations they added up to 9. Are you
saying that you believe there is a relationship worth following with 9
mutations? I don't believe that even in 1600 years there would be that many and to
be able to say with authority that the two are related would be without
credibility unless you have absolute paper proof.
Julia

This thread: