From: <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] Sorenson Molecular Genealogy Foundation
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 23:56:56 -0500

I don't mind contributing to "global" projects where I may not get
anything individually or personally, but know that my contribution,
whether $$ or cells, goes to further the greater good. However, I would
like to understand what that greater good is, otherwise there is no
impetus to participate. Does anyone know what research is being done,
for what purposes, when it will be released, and for/to whom? Also, why
the secrecy? I just don't understand, especially since the Mormon chuch
has been so forthcoming by sharing all of their other records (although
clearly this isn't completely altruistic).

Roberta

This thread: