From: Rich <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] Sorenson Molecular Genealogy Foundation
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 09:23:32 -0800 (PST)

This is off-topic.

My "guess" would be that the Mormon Church is doing
DNA studies to be able to locate more relatives of
people who are Mormons, enabling them to baptise those
folks who they have found to be related by DNA into
the Mormon Church.

That was the primary goal of the genealogy work that
has been done in the past.

Debbie