From: (VON HAMRICK)
Subject: Re: [DNA] Genetic Distance calculation - Comments re MacGregor anda further question
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 17:34:37 -0500 (EST)

Richard, that information on the McGregor is very interesting. I have
been watching your study for quite sometime now because the root numbers
of the Hamrick study are so close to yours.

You listed only 24 markers in Ybase for 10 McGregors. There was no
number for DYS 19/394. The Hamrick numbers match on 21 of your 24
numbers. The differences are:

-------------ME----YOU
DYS 392 11 14
DYS 464b 16 15
DYS 464d 16 17

My DYS 19/394 is 14 in case you failed to list yours.

We feel confident that the name was changed to Hamrick when our ancester
Patrick arrived in this country from Ireland in 1699.

When you consider that 2 of these differencies are in DYS 464b and DYS
464d, this seems to be a very match.

I would like to hear from some of the experts on these three
differencies.

Von Hamrick
Winston-Salem, NC

This thread: