Subject: [DNA] DNAprint on Nightline
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 15:12:02 -0500 (EST)

I did not have a chance to see Nightline on Friday, and I am curious
about one thing in particular. Did they show the triangle plot for
Wayne Joseph? Having now seen a photo of Mr. Joseph, I can understand
why he was surprised at the results presented as "hard" numbers. What
puzzles me is that he and ABC News could go through the exercise of
all the interviews and not come to realize how soft those numbers
really are. (They obviously did not realize it, since the program was
ultimately deemed newsworthy.)

John Chandler

This thread: