From: "Mark MacDonald" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] Y haplogroups in Turkey
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 18:18:10 -0600

I don't have the study to which you refer but I have almost 70 Clan
Donald samples of which about two thirds are R1b. I only have one 12 at
461 in R1b,R1a or I. I haven't done a detailed count but 10 appears to
be our mode with a number of 11s and 9s. For my group 461 appears to be
a volatile marker. When I start to get my 25 marker tests back, I will
see how it correlates with 438. I would like to see the Gusmao and
White papers if that is possible.
Mark MacDonald