Subject: Re: [DNA] DNAPrint on Nightline
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 20:04:50 EST

In a message dated 11/24/03 6:08:14 PM Central Standard Time,
writes:
<

> I thought I heard in the show (or maybe I read it) that he found out he
> had Creole in his ancestry. Does anyone else remember hearing or reading
> that?

I seem to remember that he thought he was Creole, but it is hard to know what
was meant by that term. Although, the definition for Creole is "mixed
ancestry", in New Orleans Creole means a mixture of French and Spanish. The black
and white mix is called mulatto, just like everywhere else, and if they have
more white blood than black they are called "high yellow".

Julia in New Orleans

This thread: