From: Charles <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] DNAPrint on Nightline -- error estimate seen on the certificatedisplayed in the show
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 23:02:32 -0500

All:

I have been DNAPrint tested by both routes. 1st via FamilyTreeDNA.com
which offers the DNAPrint test. 2nd directly by AncestrybyDNA.com, the
direct marketing arm of DNAPrint.com. Both results yielded identical
genetic assays.

The certificate dated 4 Mar 2003 from FamilyTreeDNA has the "Estimates
have an error of +-2.5%" message on it. The certificate dated 29 Apr
2003 from AncestrybyDNA.com does not have any error margin estimates on it.

Thus it looks like Mr. Wayne Joseph was tested by DNAPrint.com via
FamilyTreeDNA.com.

Based on the triangle plot and discussions in this forum I believe the
"margin of error" for the DNAPrint percentages is larger than 2.5%,
based on the Triangle Plot graphic provided with the report too. But I
will leave that for the statisticians and mathematicians in this forum.

Charles

Raymond Whritenour wrote:

> Crystal:
>
> Please pay attention, now. The + or - 2.5% "disclaimer" was printed on
> Wayne Joseph's Certificate of Ancestry. It said, "Estimates have an
> error of +/- 2.5%." This was a FTDNA Certificate--NOT a DNAPrint
> genomics Certificate. It was dated May 6, 2003.
>
> Ray Whritenour
>
> P.S. - I taped the program and just looked at it, again.

This thread: