From: "ernest hurst" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] DNAPrint on Nightline -- error estimate seen on the certificate
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 12:47:27 -0500

I thought I remembered something about a 5% error rate, and also that John
felt the error rate was probably 15 to 20%. Maybe I dreamed that, I don't
know. Also seem to remember that the DNA that they are measuring might, or
might not, be passes along to next generation - as in siblings with
entirely different results. Am I "disremembering" again, or is that
correct. If that is true, and the "tolerance" is as high as 20%, it might
shed a whole new light on the case being discussed.

Ernie Hurst

Asian