From: David Faux <>
Subject: [DNA] Ireland, Scotland and Wales - Y-DNA Matches
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 10:27:10 -0800 (PST)

Hello List:

I would appreciate some assistance with regards to my Shetland Islands Project - but which might also be very instructive to others on the List.

Specifically, if someone's R1b ancestor in the male line came from the above Celtic countries, what country matches would typically show up in "Haplogroup Database" of FTDNA? For example, since the closest match I have from Wales is 8/12 (and not much different for Scotland or Ireland) I am at present using this as one piece of evidence that my Y signature is not Celtic in origin. In other words, who does a true Celt match in the above database? Thanks.

David F.

www.davidkfaux.org

This thread: