From: David Faux <>
Subject: [DNA] Norwegian R1b - Matches by Country in Haplogroup Database
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 10:18:53 -0800 (PST)

Following up on Shane's question, it would be very instructive to compare the profile of country matches of individuals whose Y line goes back to Ireland (for example) with those whose Y line traces to Norway - two ends of the geographical spectrum of R1b distribution.

If there is anyone out there with a Norwegian Y line, would you be so kind as to send me the numbers of country matches only from the FTDNA Haplogroup (not REO) database (exact, one, two, and three mutation matches). This could be very instructive, and I will report all my findings and interpretations to the List. Thanks.

David F.

Shane <> wrote:

As an aside, I'd be very interested in seeing if the Norway R1bs show any
pattern of differentiation from those of the Celtic areas.

www.davidkfaux.org

This thread: