From: David Faux <>
Subject: [DNA] R1b Celtic Matches
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 21:43:56 -0800 (PST)

Oh yes, just one more thing. Further to my earlier posting where I concluded that there was not a specific Celtic (e.g., Irish) profile of matches in the Haplogroup database of FTDNA and indicated that we need databases using a larger number of markers.

It occurs (I am not the first to come up with this idea), that the answer may come when it becomes routine to divide R1b into the eight plus subcategories described by the YCC Consortium. For example we may find that R1b2 is virtually confined to Norway and adjacent areas plus the regions that in historic times Norwegians invaded. Lets hope that the opportunity to have this testing done by FTDNA will come soon - however, without world - wide databases to use as a basis for comparison the information will be hollow.

David F.

www.davidkfaux.org

This thread: