From: (VON HAMRICK)
Subject: Re: [DNA] Genetic Distance calculation - Comments re MacGregor anda further question
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 09:00:46 -0500 (EST)

On November 23th Von Hamrick wrote:

Richard, that information on the McGregor is very interesting. I have
been watching your study for quite sometime now because the root numbers
of the Hamrick study are so close to yours.
You listed only 24 markers in Ybase for 10 McGregors. There was no
number for DYS 19/394. The Hamrick numbers match on 21 of your 24
numbers. The differences are:
-------------ME----YOU
DYS 392     11   14
DYS 464b   16   15
DYS 464d   16   17
My DYS 19/394 is 14 in case you failed to list yours.
We feel confident that the name was changed to Hamrick when our ancester
Patrick arrived in this country from Ireland in 1699.
When you consider that 2 of these differencies are in DYS 464b and DYS
464d, this seems to be a very close match.
I would like to hear from some of the experts on these three
differencies.
Von Hamrick
Winston-Salem, NC

As far a I can tell none of the experts have responded on this so let me
word my question another way. If you match the total of 464a-d , you
get a match. The differences are in 464b and 464d and when you total
them, the differiences "wash-out" leaving only one 3-step differience.
Would you consider this a "CLOSE" match that is worth persuing?

We feel confident that our ancestors came from Ireland but we do not
know what name they went by over there.

Thanks,
Von Hamrick

records, go to: