From: "sj phdoc" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Haplotype C and R1b
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 14:39:38 -0800

Its most likely that I am confused. The Menary project is for males yDNA
tests. I didnt think yDNA and mtDNA could be the same Haplotype. Can they?
Is there a C mtDNA? I have no idea. HELP!!

Is Y-Chromosome "C" similar to mtDNA "C", then? Or are we confused, here?

At 01:36 PM 11/30/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>I am the admin for the Menary DNA project using the FTDNA lab. We trace
>our roots to N. Ireland.
>While I only have two results back one of them was not the expected R1b
>but rather a Haplotype C whis is defined " found throughout mainland Asia,
>the south Pacific, and at low frequency in Native American populations.
>Haplogroup C originated in southern Asia and spread in all directions.
>This lineage colonized New Guinea, Australia, and north Asia, and
>currently is found with its highest diversity in populations of India."
>393- 13
>390- 26
>19/394- 16
>391- 10
>385a- 13
>385b- 16
>426- 11
>388- 13
>439- 11
>389-1 - 12
>392- 11
>389-2 - 28
>This man traces his roots to N. Ireland with paper documentation but his
>DNA is anything but. What do I tell him? Would a Haplotype C person have
>Easter Indian charachteristics? He doesn't appear to nor does his
>ancestors photos.
>Thank you for your words of wisdom on this one,
>Susan J.
>Is there a gadget-lover on your gift list? MSN Shopping has lined up some
>good bets!
>To join and access our 1.2 billion online genealogy records,
>go to:

Share holiday photos without swamping your Inbox. Get MSN Extra Storage

This thread: