From: "Terry Barton" <>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:05:30 -0500

David, as one who came in as an experienced Surname Project Manager, and was
also nearly overwhelmed, your suggestion might help. For me, it would have
depended on what reference info was posted. My problem was (and still is to
some extent) in understanding the projects that are not y-chromosome. If
your idea ever takes root, please give the reference for the other parts
too. With postings running 1000+ per month, I have not figured out how to
mine the trove of info buried in thousands of messages in the archives. (I
must have a learning disability on Rootsweb's search engine, as I get
nothing or everything -but I do just fine on Google and GenForum)

Another issue that almost caused me to drop off immediately was the sharp
tone that some posters use. I have participated in a number of other boards
and lists and am accustomed to very polite discussions.

Terry