From: David Faux <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] 12 markers v's 25 - MRCA Encore
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 19:53:12 -0700 (PDT)

wrote:
David is the wrong person to ask. Not only has he never "calculated TMRCA"
himself, but he also doesn't approve of anyone using the concept.

If you chose to send your barbs my way (in a public forum) kindly get your facts straight. I have calculated TMRCA and hence am entirely unimpressed; and if people wish to make use of a concept that has not proven its worth in genealogy, that is their choice - I am offering an opinion not a pronouncement. I am purposly acting as devil's advocate here since there is little much warranted criticism seen on this List - I am trying to fill the void. Now you do your part and try to convince everyone that the TMRCA has merit, and let the List see that there is not universal agreement, and that they need to evaluate on their own whether the TMRCA is a help or hinderance to their own personal research.

David.

www.davidkfaux.org

This thread: