From: David Faux <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Another English "Q"
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 14:46:15 -0700 (PDT)

Sounds plausible, anything is possible, but until we do SNP testing of the Norse Q we will continue to stumble around in the dark.

Ken Nordtvedt <> wrote:
I wish I could read Norwegian better, but I am looking at my beautiful copy
"Norsk historisk atlas", Figure 2, Skandinavia about 8000 B.C. It shows
that the remaining ice cap over the Scandinavian peninsula left the west and
north coasts free of the ice all the way around to present day Russia's
Arctic Sea coast. Figure 6 shows a bunch of archaelogical sites up at Nord
Cap of Norway (close to present-day border with Russia) which were "eldre
steinalder" which I believe means "old stone

Could not some of the earliest settlers of Norway as the Ice Cap receded
have come DOWN the coast of Norway from the north , and originally from the
east and the area where peoples with significant Q are? These earliest
immigrants need not have been pure Q but perhaps tribes with significant Q.