From: Robert Paine <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Another English "Q"
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 23:17:04 -0700

"Q" in the UK and Viking homelands. My "Q" was assigned by FTDNA based
on a 12 standard marker test. How valid is this assignment? How many of
those "Q" assignments had SNP tests? I have not, FTDNA has offered me
the test for "Q", how detailed is their test? Will it show if I am Q,
Q1, Q2, Q3, or some other sub-group?

Could Helgason's unknown "R" and our assigned "Q"s be parts of some as
yet undefined subgroup.

MY 385b = 20 appears to be rare even in the "Q" haplogroup.

Does anyone know of a university doing a full spectrum SNP/UEP study, I
would be willing to participate. I have already sent samples to
Sorenson. On paper my line goes back to Norfolk England 1600.

My first 12 marker results.

FTDNA says "Q". Other results pending
393 13
390 23
19* 13
391 10
385a 13
385b 20
426 12
388 12
439 11
389-1 12
392 14
389-2 28

RPaine

David Faux wrote:

>"until we do SNP testing of the Norse Q we will continue to stumble around in the dark".
>
>David.

This thread: