From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Caveat emptor - Trace Genetics
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 08:09:23 -0700

I have no particular knowledge of what is going on at Trace. Putting my
order in early, I did get from Trace relatively swiftly 3 positives and a
negative, the combination being rather controversial given the recent tree
with other people's idea of redundant SNPs for the same branch, and I got
two expected negatives further downstream. So either we have discovered a
new subclade of haplogroup "I" or some lab out there has probably made an
error. We'll see in time. My personal hunch is that Trace thought there
was profit in the SNP tests to order (at their quoted price) but learned
there was not.

Ken