From: "Daniel Jenkins" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] R* haplogroup
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 15:47:58 -0500

Dear Ellen ,

I found in the studies of DeJuan et Al 2001, a reference that 29.70 % of
Basques in the study had the H63D polymorphism. Although the population in
general did not have hemochromotosis. You can see the info on studies by
typing in " hemochromotosis Basques " although I saw info on other sites
that I can't recall at the moment. The disease is caused by both mutations
, the C282Y being the usual. But 2 people with the H63D marrying would have
children very likely to develop the disease.

It is the polymorphism that I am referring to.

Dan Jenkins

This thread: