From: "Daniel Jenkins" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] R* haplogroup
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 05:23:17 -0500

Dear Ellen,

If you reread what I wrote you will see that we are in agreement. I know
that the Basques do not have a high rate of the disease but they do have a
high rate of the H63D polymorphism and that is what I took note of. It is
the polymorphism that interests me in relation to genetics. Since R1a and
R1b are splits off of R , it seems to me that the original mutations may be
in the 12,000 to 6000 bc time frame. I find that this period leading up to
and including the Kurgan times to be very interesting . It is rich in
folklore and myths, which may prove to be true or untrue as more is
discovered. Did you read the paper I mentioned about the Frisians and Inka
that I mentioned last week? Would like your opinion.The Kurgans really got
around and were certainly responsible for a lot of DNA around the world.

Dan Jenkins

This thread: